May 30, 2014

The County Fair! Lord it was HOT! Part 2

I had a blast at the Sacramento County Fair last weekend. 

But the real reason I went to the Fair was the Bull Riding event. It was only one night so it was Saturday or not at all.

After checking out the rest of the Fair and all the kiddos and their animals it was time to go to the Bull Riding. 

Now it was just Bull Riding. Not a full Rodeo. I actually like full Rodeos better. They have not only Bull Riding (ok the marquee event that it is) but also Bronc Riding, Barrel Racing and much more. The Bull Riding was really exciting too.


These were just as I was sitting down. Basically only half of the area is needed. 

It was HOT!!!! I mean really HOT!!!! 

Did you get the idea that it was hot?

No?

Well let me tell you straight out. It was HOT. There.

Now that we got that settled.



There was this little guy. He was adorable. He was having a great time all night. Dad was looking after him the whole time. It was so cute.

Of course there had to be a big truck somewhere.


There was a salute to our men and women serving our nation and memorial for all those who have given the ultimate price in that service. Very moving. I teared up. But I always do. I am mess at parades. I was saved that there wasn't a marching bank around. I would have been a total disaster.

There there was National Anthem sang by this cute young lady. She did a good job. But after she was finished and she started to walk back behind the shoot (or shute?) she was stopped. A nice young cowboy came out. She apparently knew him and waiting.

Then he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him. Awwwwweeeeee. Sniff. Sniff. She said "Yes". Of course.


I missed the actual proposal but I did get the good stuff. You can count on me to get the really important parts.

Then it came time to start all the bull riding. There were going to be 30 rides in the first go around (that is what they call first selection process) then a break, then the top six go for the top prize. Only the top six get any money. So alot of riders are going to need a ride home that night. 

So the first few all didn't last more than 3 seconds if that. 

Ouch!

Here we go!

Hunh?

That's gotta hurt.

 Where am I again? Oh yeah. Running!


Thank goodness the Bull Fighters (clowns) are there. They keep the bull occupied so the rider can get to safety. Wonder what their insurance rates are?


There there is this guy. He was a hoot. He was hilarious. He was funny. He was CRAZY!

It doesn't look like it here but he was all over this arena. Talking to the crowd and keeping everyone entertained in between the riders. It takes a while for the riders to get all situated on the bull. My guess it takes some talking oneself into even getting on the bull. Especially since they make that snort noise that is such a warning. Jeez.


For some reason the bulls just didn't want to go back into the pens. They had a heck of time getting them into the pens let alone to stay there. So as they were trying to get a bull that was just ridden in the pen two more escaped. I think they just wanted some more attention from the cowboys and the crowd. 

They must have know it was Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding weekend so they wanted some of the limelight too. But that's just my theory. 

All in all there were only four bulls that were ridden. So they added two more that lasted the longest. These two almost got the 8 seconds. 

Speaking of 8 Seconds, has anyone seen that movie?  I loved it. But then Luke Perry is nice to look at.  But it is still a bit of tear jerker. If you get a chance, check it out. I was watching this movie with my mother and grandmother one night and they enjoyed it. Then it was at the end credits and they realized it was about a real person and they were mad at me. Why? Then they started really crying. So it is a real good movie.

At the break there was a bunch of kids that got an opportunity to ride a mechanical bull.


They were so cute!!! They got a water bottle as a prize and it could have been gold trophy. They held it up with pride they did. They ran all around and it was so cute. Did I tell you how adorable they were?  Well they were.
Now onto the final go-around. 


Let's just say that this picture is kind of what happened. The first five were all bucked off.

So it was left to only one rider. It was his to Win.


Well he did it. He stayed on the bull the full 8 seconds and he won the night. He was awarded $6,000 for his troubles. Not bad for 16 seconds (2 rides for 8 seconds, get it?) worth of work.

Oh and the rider that proposed earlier?  He was bucked off earlier. I guess he other things on his mind.

So there you go. It was a fun and exciting evening. I just might do it again.


     

No comments: